According to latest NCRB data, Crime in India is growing at a rate of 3% and a total of 50.7 Lakh crimes were registered in India. A substantial part of all court proceedings in our country takes place in the Criminal Law domain. The number of lawyers in our courts still remains stagnant. It is imperative for each lawyer to have complete knowledge of the criminal justice system and have impeccable drafting skills. Knowhow and competence in drafting increase job prospects and litigation success exponentially. We believe that a drafting-centric masterclass on criminal law will benefit you by increasing your knowledge and enabling you to build your career. It is important to learn the foundational principles, basic concepts, the working of court machinery as well as the drafting process involved in order to have a comprehensive understanding of this subject. This course aims to provide a complete overview of the criminal justice system in India to develop a budding lawyer into a capable litigant.
- Understanding basic introductory aspects of Criminal Law in India.
- The procedural and drafting requirements to constitute a case through a private complaint before the magistrate.
- To have the capacity to draft a proper Bail Application as well as an Anticipatory Bail Application before the court and have absolute knowledge of each aspect involved.
- The ability to draft an appeal, an application under Section 482, a revisional application, a reference application and an application for review; to have acknowledgement of the theoretical difference between these remedies.
- The foundational knowledge to draft a criminal writ, an application for maintenance and a complaint for dishonour of cheque before the courts.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
- Law Students aspiring to practice in High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
- Law Students who want to practice as Government Advocates.
- Law Students who want to make a career as a criminal lawyer or litigant.
- Students preparing for clerkship in the Supreme Court.
- Students who are preparing for the Judiciary Exam and aspire to be judges one day.
ADD ON BENEFITS:
- A certificate of completion, which increases your job prospects and the value of your CV.
- Draft formats of the legal documents taught in this course.
- Practice hypothetical questions which can be evaluated and graded by our LedXperts.
Registration Fees- RS. 499/-
Dates- April 28th – May 2nd
- Classification of Offences under CrPC – https://indianlegalsolution.com/classification-of-offences-under-crpc/
- Hierarchy of Criminal Courts and Jurisdiction – https://www.legalserviceindia.com/legal/article-5099-hierarchy-of-criminal-courts-and-their-jurisdiction.html
- Basics of FIR – https://blog.ipleaders.in/first-information-report-everything-important-you-should-know-about/
- Enquiry and Trial by Magistrates (Maharashtra Courts Reference) – https://court.mah.nic.in/courtweb/criminal/pdf/chapter3.pdf
- Drafting, Pleading- Course Material, Faculty of Law, DU http://lawfaculty.du.ac.in/files/course_material/Old_Course_Material/LB%20502%20Drafting,%20Pleadings,%20Full%20Material%20.pdf
- Snowwhite’s Criminal Practical Legal Drafts 8th Edition (2022)
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 45 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 37
- Assessments Yes