CERTIFICATE COURSE ON CIVIL DRAFTING
Civil advocacy is one of the most lucrative career prospects to law students; civil litigation has expansive prospects and is substantial to the justice system. Whether it is banking, real estate, commercial transaction or contractual matters, it is the civil advocacy that addresses these conflicts; it is also one of the most financially rewarding career prospects to law students.
Being a student of law wanting to pursue a career in advocacy, deft command over the nuances of legal drafting and knowledge about the technicalities & intricacies of legal drafting are essential. In this course, the students will be familiarized and acquainted with the basics of civil suits drafting. To become a good civil litigator the learner must equip themselves not just with knowledge of case laws and provisions of law but also the basic groundwork of understanding the drafting nuances and the day to day working of a civil court. This short duration course will familiarize students with the very first steps towards building a successful career in civil advocacy.
- Practical knowledge and know-how for law students and young law graduates
- Skill development in the art of legal drafting for law students
- The learners will be training themselves for various evolving areas of law such as Mergers & Acquisition, Arbitration, and Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code etc.
- Learners will be able to perform more effectively in their coursework and internships, thereby enhancing their employability opportunities.
- Live & Interactive session with industry experts, opportunity for law students to garner practical knowledge and understanding of skilling themselves for a career in civil advocacy.
- Familiarizing with the various stages and their intricacies during a civil suit.
- Discussion over recent case laws & their relevancies.
- Understanding the role of strong drafting skills, the little tips & tricks that make for an excellent draftsperson and the way to continue up skilling.
- Drafting Session of various legal documents such as written statements, drafts, plaint, contracts, arbitration agreement etc.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Learners want to up-skill their drafting skills and command over various documents and their nuances to enhance their employability and performance in various roles.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes
- Module I – Basics & Introduction to Civil Advocacy
- Module II – Drafting of Basic Documents [Ms. Swastika Nandy, Sr. Associate Advocate, Corporate Practice]
- Module III – Basic of Contractual Drafting [Advocate Saransh Chaturvedi Associate, Khurana and Khurana Advocates and IP Attorneys]
- Module IV – Constitutional Drafting [Adv. Ajit Sharma, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India & Senior Standing Counsel, Income Tax Department at High Court of Delhi]
- Module V – Specialized Drafting [Advocate Saransh Chaturvedi Associate, Khurana and Khurana Advocates and IP Attorneys]
Genuinely very niceContent of the video very entertaining and educating