- Focused and dedicated understanding of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Gaining insights of International perspectives
- Broadening your horizons
- Gaining conceptual clarity
- Learning practical aspects of M&A Transactions
M&A involves many legal issues which affect deal structuring, completion timelines, parties’ responsibilities and risk allocation among the transaction parties. The best lawyers possess not just the knowledge of the law but also sensitivity to the practical issues in deal-making which are unique to every deal and are defined by the commercial bottom-lines of their clients.
The purpose of this course is to give students an overview of the law relating to M&A in India and also sensitize them to the practical issues relating to deal-making within the confines of those laws.
Students will explore: (a) the opportunities and constraints created by the laws relating to M&A in India (i.e., the pros and cons of the different permissible approaches to M&A); (b) key concepts under transaction documents relating to M&A; (c) specific issues relating to cross-border M&A and PE investments in India; and (d) contractual tools available to the parties to allocate deal risk and mitigate legal constraints.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
- Students of law planning to pursue a career in commercial litigation, corporate law firms or as an in-house counsel must have a firm grasp on the concepts of Mergers & Acquisition.
- Professionals working in the area of corporate structuring, commercial or company law.
- Company secretaries/Company Accountants to familiarize themselves with the due diligence processes and legal compliances for managing the company transactions.
- Strategists and Team Leaders
- Managers working in Corporate & Companies
- Executives, Directors, Supervisors and Business Consultants
- People working in Public and Private Enterprises
- Reading material on the latest development of law and policies and its impact on the market.
- Industry experts and academic scholars as instructors providing a combination of substantive understanding and practical skills.
- Emphasis on developing practical skills like calculation of stamp duty, due diligence, practical drafting etc.
- Simulation case studies to train students in developing practical applicability of the skills acquired.
- Live training session for drafting of key legal documents required in a Merger & Acquisition.
- Aurora, Shetty, Kala Mergers and Acquisitions Oxford Latest
- M.Y. Khan, P.K. Jain Financial Management TMH Latest
- Sudi Sudarsanam Creating Value from Mergers and Acquisitions PHI Latest
- P. Rajesh Kumar Mergers & Acquisitions TMH Latest
- Prasant Godbole Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring Vikas Publication 2009
- Prasanna Chandra Financial Management: Theory and Practice TMH Latest
- Bhagaban Das, Debdas Rakshit, Sathya Swaroop Debashish Corporate restructuring: Merger, acquisition and other forms Himalaya Latest
- Pradip Kumar Sinha Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring Himalaya 2016
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes