Securities law also known as Capital Markets law is the set of laws, rules and regulations that regulates the issuance of securities, a financial instrument usually structured to raise money for a business from investors in that business. Securities law directs what a corporation has to do for offering their investment to the public. The laws aim to make sure that public investments are fair and just to everyone who might invest in the company.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the controlling body for securities and commodity market in India and falls under the regulation of Ministry of Finance , Government of India. It was formed on 12 April 1988 and conferred with Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992. The course aims to provide an extensive, practical and career-oriented capsule course on Securities Law and SEBI litigations. The prime concern of the “LedXpert” and educationalist is to offer a cutting-edge course on the concept that aims at industry learnings.
1. Learners will have tremendous opportunity to understand the very foundation and crux of the Securities law and SEBI litigations including the fundamental issues pertaining to the concept.
2. Knowledge of statutory framework, legal structure and other related instruments of the concept in the most detailed and systematic manner for providing crystal-clear knowledge to the aspirants.
3. Enhanced efficiency and liquidity in financial markets.
4. Learners will understand about securities fraud or mismanagement and the actions required to be taken for it.
5. Learners will be able to perform more effectively in their coursework and internships, thereby enhancing their employability opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Law students interested in building a career in Corporate and Company Sectors.
2.Lawyers looking to branch out to Company Law.
3.Law students aspiring to a career in commercial law firms or in-house legal team of companies.
4.Young lawyers & associates wanting to get into SEBI Litigation or appear for SEBI Officers Exam.
5. Students of CA and CS.
1.Cyber Mercenaries – The State, Hackers, and Power by Tim Maurer
2. Securities Regulation Cases and Materials by James D. Cox, Robert W. Hillman,Donald C. Langevoort
3. Understanding Securities Law by Marc I. Steinberg
4. Securities Litigation and Enforcement in a Nutshell by Margaret Sachs, Donna Nagy, Gerald Russello
5. Securities Law by Larry Soderquist, Theresa Gabaldon
6. Hornbook on the Law of Securities Regulation by Thomas Lee Hazen
7. Law and Regulation of Public Offering of Corporate Securities- Raghvendra K. Singh, Shailendera K. Singh
8. Taxmann’s SEBI Manual (Set of 3 Vols.) – The Most Updated & Amended Compendium of Annotated text of the Acts/Rules/Regulations/Circulars/Master Circulars, etc. on SEBI & Securities Laws in India
9. SEBI Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements – A Handbook- by Dr. K. R. Chandratre
10. Capital Markets and Securities Laws- by E. T. Lokganathan
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 83
- Assessments Yes